Sunday, March 29, 2009

Because I never know quite what to write on a blog--so I've decided to write gratitude lists every day, a la Ginny Branch, whose blog my favorite color is shiny makes me smile every single day.
So, today, I am grateful for...

1. The charming antics of Lucy & Ethel. I Love Lucy is a constant source of entertainment for my sister and me. I really do love Lucy.

2. $5 antique tables all spruced up. I found this little beauty at the antique fair a few months ago, and repainted it, complete with Rococo charm.



3. My dear friend Angel for sending me a link to the web site the Antique Corsets gallery. I can't think of anything more restrictive...or more classically feminine and beautiful. They just make me hunger for romance and poetry and ruffles and ribbons and restrained emotions. I should have been born in another era.



4. Happening upon old issues of Domino magazine today while tidying my room. I am heartbroken by the demise of this flawless publication! My mom and I used to look forward to receiving our Domino every month, and countless inspirations have stemmed from poring over issues. (images courtesy of Domino)

5. this sketch, by John Singer Sargent (my favorite artist). There is some wistfulness captured in her eyes, some sadness. It's a very beautiful drawing. I can't wait until my trip to Chicago, when I will be able to see some of Sargent's work.

No comments:

Post a Comment