Sunday, June 14, 2009

the windy city

My oh my, I love Chicago. I've been here not even one day, and already I am in love with the buildings, the food, the people, the fashion. Yesterday was a gray, cold day, which allowed me to wear my trench coat and jeans (something that never happens in the summer in Tucson). Today, I woke up to sunshine pouring in through every window. I'm eager to see the city in the sunshine.

As I look out towards the old cemetery across the street (the Romantic in me does not find cemeteries to be eerie in the least), golden light seems to spill out beyond the shadows of the trees. Two chic girls in airy summer dresses and cardigans just walked down the street with a little prancing Pomeranian. I imagine that they are headed out to do something incredibly Parisian and stylish. I'm enchanted!!

Tomorrow, I begin my class at the art institute. I'm not sure whether or not to be nervous. I am a decent drawer/painter. I'm more nervous about the people in the class.
This week, while I'm taking my class, I get a free pass to the Chicago Art Institute. That means I am free to meander through the galleries. Museums bring out a certain wanderlust in me; I am desperate to explore every corner.

Mom, if you're reading this, don't worry about me, I'm having a lovely time!

Stay tuned for photos from the Art Fair.

No comments:

Post a Comment